At WHERE’S THE FISH we take your privacy very seriously and we strive that all your personal information provided to us is stored and processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. By visiting the WHERE’S THE FISH website, you are accepting the practices outlined in this policy.
OUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION POLICY IN SHORT:
At WHERE’S THE FISH, we collect information (personal data) only to make our service useful and relevant for you. The aim is to allow you to participate in the WHERE’S THE FISH program.
We only use your information to permit you to have your own account in conjunction with your project. For this purpose, your information may be shared with other users within your project including Project Managers and other partners participating in the WHERE’S THE FISH project.
The information we collect is not used for profiling nor commercial purposes.
However, we may release information to authorities where required by law.
SCOPE OF THE POLICY:
YOUR CONSENT TO COLLECT AND PROCESS PERSONAL DATA:
We only collect personal information based on your specific consent that is relevant to the purpose and efficient use of the WHERE’S THE FISH service. This is in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation also known as GDPR; you can access the full text here: https://gdpr-info.eu/ (The GDPR lawful base to process your personal data for the WHERE’S THE FISH service is Consent.) We collect and process two types of information, which may be considered as personal data:
· Your contact details (such as your email or address you decided to provide)
· General information (such as project content and progress you have uploaded or general IT data pertaining to the WHERE’S THE FISH website performance)
Here is why, where and how we collect and process information:
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way, e.g. via an inquiry you sent us directly.
When using WHERE’S THE FISH service, its website and social media, you are providing us your consent to collect and process certain types of information whenever you interact with us.
WHERE’S THE FISH and its authorized agents automatically receive and record standard “traffic data” on their server logs from your browser. These include your IP address, WHERE’S THE FISH cookie information and the page you requested. WHERE’S THE FISH uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, as well as to improve its overall functionality and administer and improve its website and social media interactions.
Should you wish that this information is not collected and processed, please, activate respective restrictions within your browser or device settings.
Not the crispy ones in your lunch box… in the IT jargon, cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that are stored in your computer’s hard drive. They help us understand, how and when pages in our WHERE’S THE FISH website are visited. WHERE’S THE FISH will always ask your permission before storing cookies on your computer’s hard drive. Note that your permission might be saved in your cookies, so we don’t need to request it in case of multiple visits. WHERE’S THE FISH cookies do not collect personal data, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information.
We recommend that you accept WHERE’S THE FISH’s cookies to make full use of WHERE’S THE FISH services. Our system will ask you to accept cookies from WHERE’S THE FISH so that it remembers you. We recommend that you agree to this. It is safe. However, you may decide not to – or you may change your decision at any stage.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION:
Because WHERE’S THE FISH enables people to exchange information with one another, information about the people who use WHERE’S THE FISH is an integral part of the WHERE’S THE FISH service and experience. We will share your personal information only as described below:
1. Personnel: WHERE’S THE FISH personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may, subject to strict duty of confidentiality, have access to user information required to carry out their business duties.
2. Your Project: Your information may be shared within your project and you and/or your WHERE’S THE FISH colleagues from your project may elect to share documents, photographs, videos and other materials with other projects via the WHERE’S THE FISH website. Typically, this is so that you can share your experiences, best practices, how you overcame obstacles and to celebrate your successes.
3. Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy assets from other companies or sell assets to other companies. User information might be part of these kind of transactions. Moreover, if WHERE’S THE FISH, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that are transferred.
4. Protection of WHERE’S THE FISH and Others: We may release personal information when that release is necessary to comply with the law; to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Use or to protect the rights, property or safety of WHERE’S THE FISH, our employees, our users, or others.
5. With Your Consent: Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, You can always select, which information you wish to share and alternatively opt-out from sharing any information
SAFEGUARDING YOUR INFORMATION:
We collect, process and maintain Customer Information in Switzerland and/or the EU. We will ask your approval prior to transferring your data to a server different than the one mentioned in this “Keeping Information Secure” section. We will only store your data in servers located in countries where the legislation provides adequate data protection according to Swiss and European legal requirements.
1. Your WHERE’S THE FISH account information is stored in a secured server located in Switzerland and/or the EU and protected by a password for your privacy and security.
2. It is your duty to protect yourself against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
3. Only employees, who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, our system administrator) are granted access to this information. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices and are subject to a strict obligation of confidentiality.
Your data is stored in safe locations and it is protected by adequate Technical and Organizational Measures (in accordance with respective articles of the EU GDPR at https://gdpr-info.eu ).
YOU ARE IN CONTROL! Ways to control display and use of your information:
1. The WHERE’S THE FISH website requires very little personal information and most of the information that you add is purely on voluntary basis. However, if you choose not to add optional information, you may not be able to use certain features of our website or the WHERE’S THE FISH service.
WHERE’S THE FISH may send out e-mails with WHERE’S THE FISH-related news, offers, or surveys – in case you subscribe to receive these in your WHERE’S THE FISH Account. You may also receive notification e-mails from WHERE’S THE FISH, such as a progress status alert. We will do our best to keep communication to only what is truly necessary.
CONDITIONS OF USE:
CONTACTING WHERE’S THE FISH:
© 2021 WHERE’S THE FISH. All rights reserved.